Requirements to apply:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be an Alaska resident for a minimum of 30 days prior to the closing date of accepting applications.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent .
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a social security card.
- Possess DD-214 if you have been in the military.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States of America.
- IF ACCEPTED AS AN APPRENTICE, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO SUBMIT TO (AND PASS) A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING AND COMPLY WITH ALL DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICIES OF THE TRAINING CENTER.
- Be mentally and physically capable of performing the essential functions of the occupation without endangering the health and safety of themselves and/or fellow workers.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job, in related training classes, and to ensure personal and coworker safety on the job.
- Persons with hearing or speech impairments may contact RelayAlaska at their TDD/TTY number, 800-770-8973, and they will assist you in contacting the training center.
The following documentation must be submitted with your application (APPLICATIONS WITHOUT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED):
- Copy of valid driver’s license.
- Copy of social security card.
- Proof of Alaska residency (permanent fund receipt, hunting/fishing license, piece of mail, etc.).
- Copy of high school diploma/GED AND transcripts (can be unofficial).
- Copy of Pay-stub or W2 within the past 5 years.
- Copy of DD-214, (if applicable).